Funny Cats

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Soft Claws Caps For Your Cat

Bookmark and Share
The Soft Claws Caps are said to be safe for cats. The product sounds interesting and easy enough to use, but, have you ever tried to get the cats claws out and try to put a glue soaked tiny cap on it. Come on. I know my cats and they are not going to fall for this at all.

Yes, the product is an alternative to declawing the cats. However, to what extent are people willing to go through to cap those claws? You know how tiny cat's claws are and they have to be manual forced out. Then you have to take this tiny cap, get the glue inside and slip it onto each claw. Two paws times five claws is ten times you have to do this.

Soft Claws Caps you say. I see mess, cat scratches, cat cries and even blood. I see torment and frustration. I see horror in my eyes as the cats claws stick into my arms and hands.

I think I will live with the occasional scratching at the chair or the carpet. I think I will live with the kneading on mom's stomach or rib cage and the little whimpers because of pain that comes out of my mouth.

Soft Claws Caps might be good for some, but not these cats or their mom.

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by Blondie Writes - Pamela @ 10:36 AM  

3 Comments:

  • At September 5, 2008 at 2:50 PM , Blogger Dog_geek said...

    We just keep our cat's claws trimmed. Mr. Dog-geek holds the cat, and I trim all the claws. They don't usually fuss very much, and the whole thing is done in about 2 minutes. It seems to me like a whole lot easier on all of us than trying to glue caps on the cat's claws

     
  • At September 7, 2008 at 10:51 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

    I was skeptical, but I think Soft Claws are great. The key is to first put the glue in five nail caps, and then quickly apply them to the claws. It was easy enough and my cat doesn't even know they're there. Had to do it for the sake of the leather sofa! :-)

     
  • At November 17, 2008 at 5:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Soft Claws are awesome. They have been a lifesaver (or should I say couch-saver)!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home