Funny Cats

Monday, August 18, 2008

Bella, Bella, My Big Boy

Bookmark and Share

Yes, Bella is a boy. A very large boy with a girl's name. Bella was supposedly a girl when I brought her home. A few months later, she finally developed and I learned I had a male in a home with two female cats and a female dog. My house was all females until Bella won my heart.

Bella needed a brother, so I brought home Jake. He is a little Pekingese/Shiz Tzu. Bella is bigger than Jake is and everyone knows it. They are the best of friends and play all the time. The only problem is that Bella kicks Jake's butt all the time. Bella pounces on Jake and pins him to the floor. He never cries, he loves the attention. Bella has his front claws, but never uses them on Jake no matter what he does to him.

Pooh Bear the Pekingese and the two female cats just stay away and watch these two play. Pooh is nine and only plays with Jake once and a while so Jake has no choice but to wake Bella out of deep sleep to play. This cat is a heavy sleeper. The other day Bella was sleeping on a folded comforter on the dining room chair. For some reason the comforter fell off the chair with the cat.

I was worried because there was no movement from Bella. Upon investigating, I saw two back legs sticking up in the air as stiff as can be. I though Bella was dead. I lifted up the comforter and woke him up. Bella remained sleeping even after falling on the floor with the comforter on top of him. I picked up the comforter and put it back on the chair. Then I picked up Bella and placed him back on the comforter. Bella gave me this look as if I had done something wrong.

I guess the next time, I will just leave him lay there.

Labels: , , , , , ,

posted by Blondie Writes - Pamela @ 7:03 AM  

1 Comments:

  • At August 23, 2008 at 8:05 AM , Blogger Lapa37 said...

    Wow that sure is one heavy sleeper. We also have a boy cat with a girl name.Beauty was thought to be a girl until cleaning himself one day we noticed something popping out(hint hint)so now we call him booty.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home