Funny Cats

Saturday, May 17, 2008

A Very Unusual Cat Question

Bookmark and Share
Why does my neutered male cat hump a pillow and my husband's leg from time to time?

This funny cat question amazed me. I thought I was the only one with strange animals, but I never had a cat that did this peculiar thing. A male cat will sometimes do this to show that they are the alpha male of the house. Since he does it to husband's leg, I can only believe he is showing who is boss. If he was not neutered the answer would be simple, but since he is neutered, one can only believe that he is showing who rules the nest.

Another reason that a cat will do this is because they are actually getting the area ready to lie down in. However, because it is also being done to a person, dominance appears to be the reason. The cat is only being a cat it appears.

I would suggest getting rid of the husband, but that is probably not an option. You do not want to get rid of the cat as well. The cat needs to show he is the boss and sometimes that could be hard to stop. You might try some behavior training. Cats are not always cooperative with training for behavior problems, so you might have a few problems with that area.

Labels: , ,

posted by Blondie Writes - Pamela @ 10:16 AM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home